What it is and What it does
When the rich and famous need to look red-carpet-ready, they call Scott-Vincent Borba, celebrity esthetician and skin-care pioneer who's been hailed "a genius" by Time magazine and many of Hollywood's elite. Whether you're battling wrinkles or age spots, problem acne or sensitive skin, clogged pores or cellulite, Borba shows you how to dig deeper--from your pantry to your products--to find your unique skincare solution and the healthy, glowing skin that goes with it.
As Skintervention reveals, even the most expensive products on the market won't work unless you feed your skin what it needs both internally and externally. By treating your skin holistically, all of the layers of the skin work synergistically, revealing healthier, flawless, and radiant-looking skin. Armed with tips, to-dos, and techniques, Borba helps you discover your personal skin saboteurs and how to counter them with skin-friendly foods, products, and a few fixes to your beauty routine. Skintervention reveals the most effective ingredients in everyday products; why the way you 'clean' your skin may be part of your problems (80% of people exfoliate the wrong way); and what to eat to nourish your specific skin type (try pomegranate juice for aging skin and sour cream for acne). With a few key tweaks, you can make your lifestyle work for your skin, not against it.
- Natural, inexpensive do-it-yourself treatments that work in minutes using items in your home, including a Brown Sugar Pore Opening Scrub, an Oatmeal and Honey Skin Polishing Scrub, and an Avocado Anti-Aging Mask
- Superfoods for every skin type: (Got acne? Then cucumbers--and yes-even chocolate can be a good thing)
- Eat-your-way-to-gorgeous recipes for cocktails, appetizers, and desserts teeming with skin-friendly nutrients and antioxidants
- The Dirty Dozen: Surprising skin saboteurs and how to avoid them
- Troubleshooting 101: Face Fixes for air travel, dry winter skin, sunburns, hangovers, and more
- The 7-Day Red-Carpet Ready Skin Plan that Borba gives his celebrity clients--without the $5,000-$7,000- price tag!